Parents & Supporters Registration
To complete registration please read and sign this CODE OF CONDUCT and then read and sign the FULL MEMBERSHIP FORM which will load automatically when this form has been signed and submitted.
Registration will not be completed until BOTH forms have been submitted and full payment made.
Parents and Supporters Code of Conduct:
Derrynoose GAC adopts a child centred approach and philosophy in the running of the club to ensure that those working with children and young people are at all times providing a quality sporting and social programme.
Parents/guardians have an influential role to play in assisting their children to participate in gaelic games through playing our games or attending coaching sessions. They should act as a role model for their children as they participate in gaelic games.
As a parent/guardian of a young player of Derrynoose GAC I should have the right to:
- Know that my child is safe
- Be informed if my child gets injured or there are any problems or concerns relating to my child.
- Raise concerns with the relevant coach, committee or safe guarding team.
With these rights parents/guardians/supporters have a responsibility to:
- Attend games on a regular basis and assist in the organisation of club activities.
- Know that children participate in sport for their enjoyment.
- Encourage children always to adhere to their code of conduct, play to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or not winning.
- Respect officials’ decisions and encourage children to do likewise.
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators.
- Applaud good performance and efforts from all individuals and teams.
- Congratulate all participants regardless of the game’s outcome.
- Condemn the use of violence, verbal abuse in any form, whether it is by supporters, parents, coaches, officials or players.
- Not enter the field of play unless specifically invited to do so by the official in charge.
- Never use technology/Social Media to take our players, mentors, club or Association into disrepute.
- Support policies and practices of Derrynoose GAC including The Club Wellness Policy, Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy and Social Media Policy.
- Support involvement in modified rules games and other junior development programmes.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Complete and return the registration/permission forms for their child’s participation in the club.
- Provide their child with adequate clothing and equipment including eg. Mouthguards, shin guards, sticks, helmets etc.
- Ensure their child attends coaching sessions, games or other activities on time and are collected punctually.
I understand and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct. I understand that failure to abide by this Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action by the Club Executive Committee.[/text_output]